If your target consumer audience uses Instagram, it could be time for your small business to begin using Instagram Stories to engage with them. Instagram users are loyal and get lots of purchasing ideas from the platform. They also love seeing their favorite celebrities and influencers update their accounts and are interested in what their friends are posting. If you’re thinking about diving into a deeper Instagram strategy, read on.
What is an Instagram Story?
When the popular social media platform introduced their “story” feature, it was controversial in that it was so similar to how Snapchat works. A user can string together photos and videos into a “story” that disappears after 24 hours.
Instagram users like a little more polish than some other social platforms, so taking the time to make sure your images are composed well and to explore filters and editing options is worth it. Take advantage of the special features that Instagram stories offer like text and filters to add some more punch to your posts.
There are some things to keep in mind when compiling an Instagram story. Other than creating engaging images, be mindful of how short your video recording window is. Keep your talking to under 20 seconds to make sure your message is heard loud and clear.
Instagram Story Ideas
- Start simple. Early morning meeting? Show your followers how your favorite mug filled with coffee gets you going.
- If it’s a particularly lovely day outside, create a short video of your walk to work. Same goes for a crappy day; fans love to commiserate.
- Chronicle a “day in the life” of your office. Show your busy schedule; make the team wave hello before a morning meeting; show off your delicious lunchtime brainstorming session and then any other interesting parts of your day.
- Picking a new color for your product? Lay out some samples and film them for your Instagram followers to get a sneak peek.
- Deliver a special offer. Generate a discount code for a specific product or service, or create a special flash sale for anyone watching your Instagram story. The good news is that since the post is only good for 24 hours, you won’t have to remember to edit or change it later!
- Collaborate with another local business for a “takeover.” If you have a friend or colleague with a similar audience, trade accounts for a day and bank on earning some new followers.
- Do a short Q&A session with stories! Post a question in the form of an image with text, then answer the question with a short video.
Divahound can help you create a winning Instagram strategy that includes Instagram story techniques. Contact us today to find out more!
Latest posts by Shannon Huppin (see all)
- Four Tips for Taking Fantastic Instagram Photos - April 19, 2017
- Top Two Ways to Build Brand Loyalty and Trust with Social Media - April 5, 2017
- LinkedIn Company Pages for Small Businesses – Changes Ahead! - March 22, 2017